Fall Family Camp Weekend
Camp Tockwogh, Worton MD
Friday Oct 2 - Sunday Oct 4 2020
A Treasured Rainbow Families
About: Our Family Camp Weekend provides LGBTQ+ families with the very unique opportunity to forge personal connections and build community with one another. Together, parents and children spend the entire weekend enjoying the rustic outdoors, beautiful scenery, and fun activities. A wonderful way for our children to be among other families like theirs.
Camp Tockwogh is in Worton Maryland, about a 2 hour drive from the DMV. A 309-acre YMCA campground, located on the Chesapeake Bay.
Learn more about Camp Tockwogh HERE.
Scheduled Activities: Arts and Crafts | Giant Swing | Leap of Faith | Climbing Wall | Archery | Canoeing | | Kayaking | Kidzone Activities | Tie-Dying | Climbing Wall | Boat Rides | Family Hike | Campfire with Smores
CLICK HERE FOR THE SCHEDULE
Pricing and Housing Options:
A LOT is included! 2 night's accommodations, five full meals, an ice cream social, boat rides, canoe rides, arts & crafts, a campfire with s'mores, archery, climbing wall, KidZone activities, leaf-collecting for little ones, puzzles, games on the soccer field, and back by popular demand...THE KIDS TALENT SHOWCASE! Plus, on-site camp management, activity staff, boat drivers, kitchen staff, etc.
Rates below are PER PERSON, PER NIGHT for guests ages 3 and older. (2 years and under are free)
Learn more about the available HOUSING OPTIONS HERE. Housing options are available on a first come, first serve basis. Participation is for 2 nights stay only.
- Tent Accommodations - $43 Bring your own tent and enjoy the TRUE camping experience!! Our tenters usually like to set up close to the shower house (bathrooms). There are picnic tables, and you can park your vehicle right next to your tent if you like.
- Rustic Cabin - Standard Accommodations – $60 Each rustic cabin sleeps up to 12 people in bunk-beds. Each cabin has electricity and lights; no heat, no private bathrooms, but they are near the shower houses. Depending on #'s in this category, it could be possible these will have more than 1 family per cabin. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired in the same room when you register.
- Stewart Lodge – $75 The Stewart Lodge is its own building with an open common area, and 2 large sleeping rooms on either side. Each sleeping room has its own entrance, sleeps 8-10 (with twin beds, not bunks) and has its own bathroom. Minimum 4 per room. Depending on final #'s, families could likely share the room with another family. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired together when you register by sending an email right away (first come, first served)
- Cottages – $80 The quaint cottages are grouped together in one area, and are quite popular. Each cottage has a main room with fireplace and sofas, and 3 private bedrooms with their own bathroom. Each bedroom accommodates 3 people. Large families may request more than 1 bedroom; otherwise, more than one family will be sharing a cottage. If you have a family in mind to share the same cottage, make that request when you register by sending an email right away (first come, first served)
- Conference Center/Tockwogh Lodge – $87 The Conference Center always sells out quickly. It is quite unique - including a very large common area with fireplace, sofas, chairs. There is a service room with refrigerator and coffee-maker. There are 6 private bedrooms each with their own bathroom. Each bedroom is carpeted, and sleeps 5-6 people with bunk-beds. 4 people minimum per bedroom.
Rainbow Families strives to offer programming accessible to all, regardless of cost. Some families may find the cost of this event challenging. Through the generosity of Rainbow Families members, we may be able to off-set some of your out-of-pocket expense. Please contact us for assistance.
Cancellations/Refunds: We are under contract with the YMCA camp - cancellations received after September 15 will not be eligible for refund. This is a rain or shine event.
Helpful reminders: This is camping at a gorgeous YMCA campground, and it's fun! Accommodations are basic, most have bunk beds, you bring your linens (We'll provide a full suggested packing list). Most parents find tremendous value in having their kids (and themselves) unplug for a weekend, and experience an outdoorsy, natural setting, and connect with other families like theirs in this wonderful environment. Also remember, most housing options are shared accommodations...it's part of the camping fun and sense of community. There are limited options for private accommodations however (plus tent camping!).
If you have been before, and would like to submit lodging requests (such as a particular cabin, room number or to be roomed with another family) EMAIL those requests. They will be handled in the order received; every effort will be made to accommodate
Note: Due to the high cost of securing the camp, a minimum level of sign-ups are required for the event to happen. Rainbow Families makes no profit/income from this.
Food: There is a full time kitchen team who make meals for us, enjoyed in the dining hall. Healthier options (vegetarian items, salads, some fruit) are always available and they can usually accommodate most allergies, gluten free, etc with advance notice. It's not fancy cuisine, but it's not prepackaged microwave meals either. You are always welcome to bring your own snacks, beverages, items for finicky eaters, or very special and/or medical diets.
COFFEE STARTS FLOWING AT 7AM !
See You There!!